[mythtv-users] Strange Behavior after Moving

Benjamin Carlisle ben.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed May 2 02:19:47 UTC 2007

Hello all -

I recently purchased a new house and moved over the weekend.  The move
brought me into a new cable broadcast zone, where I'm still getting Comcast
but I have a different lineup. In reviewing the archives here, I found that
the way to handle a channel/lineup change was to do the following:

a) add the new lineup to Zap2It
b) change the Input Connections to use the new Zap2It lineup (in
mythtv-setup)
c) remove the old lineup on Zap2it.
d) run mythfilldatabase

I can now see all the programs on the EPG, however I am experiencing some
other odd behavior.  This includes:

- Old programs are not being expired (and my filesystem is filling up with
LiveTV)
- New recording schedules are not working (I set to record as I normally
would using "Schedule Recordings" but when I select "record only this
showing" and hit Save, it does not list it as "Will Record", nor does it
show up in the Upcoming Recordings.  It also does not record the program.
I'm guessing that it's a database join issue somewhere, because the row does
show up in the "record" table.

Anyone have an idea on how to debug this?  Any ideas on how to fix??

Thanks in advance
-B