[mythtv-users] nf-m2 motherboard alternatives?

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:14:07 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Shane Hickey <shane at howsyournetwork.com> wrote:
> Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> [2007-05-01 20:21]:
> > Oh heck, I didn't see the VGA output.... VGA is analog so just get a
> > breakout cable.
>
> Woah.  VGA->component, eh?  Ok.  I'll go down that route.  Of course, this now means that I'll have to figure out how to get good multi-channel output out of my nf-m2 board.

Or you can get another cheap PCIe video card that has S-Video.

As for the multi-channel output thru  S/PDIF, as I understand it, you
need AC3 source in the first place.  Test with a DVD.  ALSA driver
won't re-encode the sound into AC3.  But I may be wrong on this.

The real problem I found with NF-M2 is the placement of several
capacitors near the two PCI slots.  I don't know who violated the
specs, but I had to break some plastics off my pcHDTV-3000 card in
order to make it fit.

> Thanks,
>
> shane

DS