[mythtv-users] OT: Monitoring CPU/Internal Temperature through Linux

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:19:43 UTC 2007

> I use lm_sensors with mrtg to show historical temperature.  A myth
> specific way to get to that info would be cool though, so sure, fire
> it through to us :)

Oops - I've actually told a bit of a porky here. I set it up to work
with mbmon which is a tool that shows mobo temp. This is actually form
my old setup - in my new setup I use lm_sensors not mbmon but haven't
updated my lircrc.

1) I added this to ~/.mythtv/lircrc:
begin
    prog = irexec
    button = Message
    repeat = 0
    config = /usr/bin/mythtvosd --template=alert alert_text="`sudo
/usr/bin/mbmon -c 1 -t -u | sed -e 1d -e 3d`"
end

(the config line is all one line in case it breaks over 2 in the email).

2) And this in /etc/sudoers:
mythtv ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/nvram-wakeup, /sbin/shutdown,
/usr/bin/smbmount, /usr/bin/mbmon

Sorry it's not lm_sensors after all, but it should be easy to swap it
over to lm_sensors. I may have a look at it if I get a chance.

Regards,
Phill