[mythtv-users] Why does one show get realtime commflagged and not another?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed May 2 22:07:07 UTC 2007

I have my MythTV box record two hour-long dramas' reruns daily: _The
OC_ on SoapNet (a digital non-HD cable channel) and _Gilmore Girls_ on
ABC Family (an analog non-HD cable channel). The former typically gets
recorded at 11am PT while the latter gets recorded at 5pm or the
following day at 11am depending on what the scheduler decides is
optimal.

The peculiar thing is that, since the _OC_ reruns began almost four
weeks ago, not a single one has been realtime commflagged right. The
commflag sessions complete, but without finding any ads. Meanwhile,
the _Gilmore_ reruns have always been realtime commflagged right since
I began recording them many months ago. Here's an example from today,
in which both shows were recorded at the same time:

2007-05-02 12:01:11.876 JobQueue: Commercial Flagging Finished, 0
break(s) found.
2007-05-02 12:01:19.040 JobQueue: Commercial Flagging Finished, 5
break(s) found.

Even stranger, if I manually run the commflag job from mythfrontend on
the _OC_ episodes, they always commflag properly. I realtime commflag
many shows and _OC_ reruns are the only one this happens to.[1] (The
same rule recorded all the first-run _OC_ episodes while they were on
the air without any such problems, if that matters.) Ideas?

[1] That's not to say that some recordings don't get realtime
commflagged properly because of what I describe at
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/258846#258846>,
but this is a) infrequent and is b) non show-specific. Again, not a
single one of the 18 SoapNet _The OC_ reruns got flagged right without
my initiating the job myself.