[mythtv-users] Why my screen latency?

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:15:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

Recently I upgraded from a basic analog TV to one that supports 1080p
(yay!)   Using the Nvidia FX5200, I'm even able to display in full 1080p
  with an dvi->hdmi cable (yay again).  I also rebuilt everything based
on the latest 20 fixes branch.  Since that time, I've noticed there is a
slight but very perceptable delay when hitting a remote button and when
it reacts on screen.  This is also happening when using the keyboard so
I know it isn't lirc related.

What do you think is causing this?  I'm tempted to run my previous
version of Myth as a test...however, I need to find it :(  Could this
have something to do with memory and swapping?  My theory being that
since the screen is a much larger resolution, it uses more memory than
before and might be hitting swap.  (Unfortunately, I don't have
comparison numbers)

This is what 'free' is reporting currently:
              total       used       free     shared    buffers    cached
Mem:        775448     701004      74444          0          0    338288
-/+ buffers/cache:     362716     412732
Swap:      2498068       2732    2495336