[mythtv-users] DVB-T Tuner Card for UK

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Thu May 3 10:15:25 UTC 2007

Ian Barton wrote:
> I am wanting to upgrade my Myth backend with another tuner card.
> Currently I have an Avermedia 771 and the Avermedia USB DVB-T card. I am
> looking for a PCI card as I have a spare slot.
>
> What are the current recommendations for a PCI DVB-T card (I am in the UK)?

Hi

I'm currently using 3 KWorld Xpert DVB-T Cards. They can be picked up on
ebay for about 20 quid, and have been fully supported in the kernel for
ages now. Recently I've had to load the module cx88-dvb manually in a rc
script on startup, as it was not being autoloaded (fc6 and now the same
in F7), but its no inconvenience. Signal strength is great, which is
something i have a big problem with where I am.

Dunc