[mythtv-users] Cutlists, auto-skipping

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Thu May 3 17:49:17 UTC 2007

I'm running Myth .20 and have recordings set up to be scanned for
commercials, and transcoded to MPEG-4. That all works great.

What I find is that even though I've turned on auto-skipping, the
commercials still play when I watch a recorded show (yes, flagging has
been completed). If I load the show, bring up the menu, go into editing
mode, and hit Z to load the cutlist, I see the red blocks for the
commercials (kick ass!). At this point, I can bail out of edit mode,
bail out of the show, and the re-start the show. NOW it will auto-skip
commericals for that show.

Do I need to do that sequence by hand for each recording? I'm thinking
there's an easier way...

Thanks!

-Pete