[mythtv-users] Takes two tries to watch a recording

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 3 22:04:56 UTC 2007

On 03/05/07, Brian Walter <blwalter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bill Omer wrote:
> > I was wondering if anybody may have seen this happen before.   It's
> > rather odd, but on my remote frontend, when you try to watch a
> > recording (any recording) it will require you to try twice before it
> > actually plays.
> This is a sometime issue for me as well.  What's in your front end log?
> Do you have your video partition  remote  mounted via NFS?  I've seen a
> *lot* of issues  with frontend play back when the video partition is
> mounted on the frontend...

I see this behaviour from time to time on my master frontend, with no
NFS sharing for MythTV recordings. I must increase my logging in the
hope I catch it again in the future. The odd thing is that the system
is usually under no/minimal stress when I observe this.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/