[mythtv-users] Video insertion question

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Fri May 4 19:18:39 UTC 2007

I have a simple question (I think), and I don't know if there is a
"proper" method here...

I've inserted a bunch of shows from some season-dvd's we have, breaking
them up in to their individual (in order) episodes.  Right now, I've
been putting them within MythVideo, but it really makes the "Video
Manager" look like a total disaster, not to mention that it takes quite
a long time to browse through the "Video Manager" to get to a show and
add an image (or something).

Since these originally came from the TV (well, we bought the discs, but
they were originally aired on TV), I thought it might make sense to
insert them into the "Recordings" area.  However, this would require me
to expand the storage being used for "recordings" (I have recordings
local to the mythtv backend and videos NFS mounted to the clients
(autofs) from another server) filesystem (aka: either replace the disk
with a larger one, add another disk and use LVM to expand across to it,
or move up to SVN and do storage groups (yikes!)).

I'm mainly curious to know what other people out there are doing to see
if I can get an idea of what might be the best way to handle these types
of video insertions.

Thanks!
-Rich