[mythtv-users] lirc ir blaster with mce 150

Peter Rozental peter at etherface.com
Fri May 4 22:13:20 UTC 2007

Dave:

Thanks for the link. I did indeed follow those directions. The difference
between the MCE and non MCE remotes is that the non MCE has the ir blaster
connected to the card with a little mono plug jack, whereas the MCE has the
blaster connected to the USB IR receiver. The other thing is that the driver
that you need to compile lirc with is mceusb2 rather than the stock prv150.
Other than that it should not be to different.

How did you get the firmware to load, the one from marks blog? In my startup
file it still shows the default firmware.

Thanks.

Peter

  _____