[mythtv-users] Harmony and Imon

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Fri May 4 22:22:03 UTC 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 4:43 PM, Jim Shank wrote:
> So I finally broke down and bought a Harmony 880 to replace my imon-
> pad remote on my main box.  I won't actually get my new harmony for
> a couple of weeks so this is all just preliminary thinking and
> planning ahead....
>
> I know the imon uses a different standard and won't work well by
> default with the harmony.  So I have two main questions.
>  1. Can the harmony "learn" to communicate in the imon's langauge?
>  2. If not, i have a usb-mce lying around as well that i can use as
> the ir reciever.  I would like to retain my imon VFD though.  Is it
> possible to keep my imon vfd running, but disable its ir reciever
> and use the mce instead?

You can try to have the harmony learn commands from the imon remote.
The 'different standard', if I remember correctly, refers to the IR
frequency used by the imon products. It's my understanding that most
IR learning remotes won't work in the frequency range that imon
products use.

No clue if the Harmony 880 does. No clue if what I just stated was
100% accurate either.

There are two possible modes of learning. The standard Learn and the
Learn Raw. You should try both methods and see what works for you.
I've found harmony support to generally be above average so if you
get stuck consider them a resource as well.

--
Scott