[mythtv-users] skipping video frames after being On for a couple of days

Dmitry Shesterin dscheste at gmail.com
Sat May 5 05:45:36 UTC 2007

The system is running great, all the plugins I wanted are working
just fine, the only problem that annoys me a lot now is that I have
to REBOOT my Ubuntu box EVERY DAY because video playback STARTS
SKIPPING FRAMES.

Symptom:
Video continues to play, but frames are being dropped. The video
looks like it is going at 1-5 frames a second. Sound is working just
fine.

System:
Mythtv20
CPU Intel 2.8
RAM 1Gb
Ubuntu 7.04
Hauppage WinTvPVR250 - tuner
Video out through S-video via 128MB AGP Nvidia FX5200 and NVIDIA drivers

The processor is not loaded, there is enough memory, so I have no
idea why video stops playing at a regular rate and frames are
dropping. Usually it happens when a computer is extremely busy, but
it is not the case in my situation.

After I reboot, everything works just fine for another day or two.

Can anybody please land me a hand in trying to figure out what is
happening and why video is behaving this way?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Dmitry