[mythtv-users] Different aspect ratio in windowed mode

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Sat May 5 10:51:55 UTC 2007

On 5/5/07, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/4/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> >
> > On May 4, 2007, at 3:12 AM, jonny Linux wrote:
> > > I can get a good picture by using mplayer's monitoraspect command -
> > > (ie mplayer -monitoraspect 16:10 -aspect 16:9 file.mpg), but I
> > > can't find any equivalent of monitoraspect in Myth. Does anyone
> > > know of one?
> >
> > This is exactly what I need, too.  I think you explained it better,
> > though. :)
>
> AFAIK Myth gets this information from X.  So if you provide a 16:9
> ratio, Myth will work with that.  It's overrideable though.  Find the
> setting in the frontend that allows "Separate Video Modes for
> GUI/Playback" and adjust accordingly.

I think I've solved it on my setup. If I go to Setup->Appearance on the
second screen (where you'd adjust the gui size) there's a Monitor Aspect
Ratio option. I've also set the GUI width/height to be 0 and unticked use
GUI size for TV Playback. It works now!

The problem is, I'd quite like a command line version of this, so I could
choose which monitor to use with the command line.

Any ideas?

Jonny