[mythtv-users] Slow Video with PVR-150

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 17:23:46 UTC 2007

Hi!

    I have an AMD Athalon 64 Dual Core chip and running Ubuntu 7.04.
I'm also running the 64-bit version of Ubuntu.  I have a PVR-150 as
well, with the ivtv drivers that come with the 2.6.20-15 kernel.

   Now comes the strangeness.  It seems like when I use the stock
Ubuntu kernel, the video looks funny.  It's hard to describe...I don't
want to say it's jumpy or slow motion....but it isn't very smooth.
Compared to a regular video feed from another TV, you can tell a
difference.

    When I compiled my own kernel with the previous version of Ubuntu,
it seemed like the problem didn't exist.  I like the convenience of
the kernel that comes with Ubuntu, but it's kind of annoying having
this strange video problem.

    I also used the same xorg config from the previous version as
well.  The only thing that is different is the kernel that I compiled
myself.

   Just wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences or knows
what a fix may be.

Thanks!
Mike