[mythtv-users] MythWeather on crack and Invisible Menu Navigation

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 6 01:57:17 UTC 2007

On 05/05/07, Reza Naima <reza at reza.net> wrote:
> I've setup a new box to run mythfrontend, and I've got two problems.
>
> MythWeather has worked without fault for the longest time -- now it
> seems to be on crack.  Every time I start mythfrontend and then go to
> mythweather, it'll have the teme up but junk will be in place of the
> data.  It seems to be bits of code that end up there, like "Object()"
> will show up all over or something like that.  Has tha that happened to
> anyone?

If you had checked the mailing list you would have seen other recent
messages reporting this. There is a known problem with mythweather.

> Also, I'm running it on a beefy machine, but the menu navigation seems
> wacked.  Some menu transitions seem very very slow, and soemtimes when
> you go back a menu, you are presented with a blank screen and you have
> to hit the up or down button to redraw.  Has anyone experienced this?

If you're running with OpenGL menus, make sure your video drivers are
correctly and fully installed. Do you see the same behaviour using the
Qt painter?

> Finally, this is very odd, but my dmesg on the box will show that I've
> got a 2G dual core with 8000+ bogomips, but cat /proc/cpuinfo shows two
> 1000.0G cores with about 4000+ bogomips.  What gives?

Are you running a -smp kernel? I would say they are both correctly
showing your CPU, just showing the information differently :)

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/