[mythtv-users] TV Screen Scrambled

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Sun May 6 02:46:05 UTC 2007

Darren wrote:

>> Dear list,
>>
>> I have the tv card configured and it works fine with kdetv and xawtv.
>  It's possible kdetv and xawtv apply their own scan rates and resolution.
>
>> The  mode is set to pal. When I start mythtv, the tv screen is scrambled.
>  I'm not sure where mythtv gets it's resolution and sync info from but you can
> try adjusting your xorg.conf for the xserver.

[snipped]
> The following mythtv doc may help.
>
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.4

I'm dealing with a very similar set of issues, but on a different card (saa7134).
Rather than the Mythtv GUI and X display sizes, I'm highly suspicious that the
problem lies in the capture resolution settings:
  <http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.3>
NTSC settings are well covered, but PAL settings not so well. And to make it
worse, the default settings in Recording Profiles->Software Encoders (v4l based)
come up as Width 480, Height 576, which doesn't sound quite right to me.

cheers.