[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Sun May 6 04:17:02 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 00:46 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 05/05/07, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Hi Mythgang,
> >

> > I recently had to rebuild my mythbox.  I backed up all my data including
> > the database by following the steps presented here:
> >
> > http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Backup_your_database
> >

> > Rebuilt the box, installed all applicable software and recompiled myth
> > from svn.  Imported the database and went through the steps to
> > reconfigure myth.
> >
> > At this point, most everything is back to normal with exception of a
> > couple of items:
> >
> > 1. (and most important) I can no longer schedule shows to record.  I
> > have attempted it both in mythweb and the schedule options under
> > mythfrontend.  I follow the steps to schedule a show and everything is
> > accepted as usual -- to include it showing up in "recording schedule"
> > under mythtv.  However, no showings are present in "upcoming recording".
> > And yes, this does include shows that were only an hour a way....  This
> > is true in both mythfrontend and mythweb.  And of course, no shows are
> > recorded.
>
> Michael Dean replied to an almost identical query a few days ago, so
> check the archives. You probably want to delete all you capture cards
> and video sources to remove any stale/broken settings.
>
> > 2. Under mythweb, "recorded shows" -- none of the preview images are
> > present any more.  Where have they gone?
>
> Check the permissions on your recordings folder where the thumbnails
> are created and also the mythtweb files in your webserver root, and
> your httpd error logs to ensure mythweb is correctly installed.
>
> Nick

Thanks Nick,

Appreciate you taking the time to look at my problems....  First off, I
screwed up by not adding a subject before hitting the send button.  Not
sure if it was a mistake to correct that by sending a new one with a
subject line included (see: Box rebuild issues).

Although I didn't see Dean's email -- I had already deleted/recreated my
capture cards 3x.

Looking at my error logs (should have thought of that myself) I noted
that I forgot to copy those from my orginal install.  Is there a way to
recreate them?

BTW:  the error log only listed missing one file -- even though quite a
few were missing, which I thought was kinda odd.

Nasa