[mythtv-users] LVM woes....is everything gone

j mccord jmccordmail at gmail.com
Sun May 6 13:51:13 UTC 2007

I did a bad thing.  I tried to create an lvm group on a drive with
existing data on it.  The commands I ran:

pvcreate hdb1 <---drive with data
pvcreate hdc2

vgcreate gaia /dev/hdb1 /dev/hdc2

At this point I realized that I might not be able to see my data when
I created a logical volume, so I stopped.  I have removed the Volume
Group and then tried to mount the drive, it was an xfs file type,
however mount errored telling me to specify file type. I tried
specifying -t xfs to no avail.

Is my data gone, I had 200G full of movies.

Can anyone help me recover, I know I'm stupid but even idiots deserve
a break sometimes

thanks in advance