[mythtv-users] Viewing video files on CD??

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sun May 6 18:57:05 UTC 2007

> If things are configured correctly this already happens, in file system
> browse mode only though (not the default).

I am running my frontend and backend on the same machine.  It is installed
using the Ubuntu 6.10 packages and the system is running udev.  There was
no "mythtv.rules" file nor "mythtv_udev_monitor.sh" script.

I downloaded the MythTV bazip from the MythTV website and put the
"mythtv.rules" into "/etc/udev/rules.d" and "mythth_udev_monitor.sh"
script into "/etc/udev/scripts" (I also made it executeable)

I rebooted my MythTV machne.

When it came back up I inserted a CD with a .avi file on it and saw some
activity on the CD drive, but when I went into "Media Library -> Watch
Videos", the .avi file was not in there.  I tried all the different modes
for displaying the videos ("Lists", "Browser", and "Gallery").

Is there somewhere else I need to go, or possibly something else I need to
do?

Thanks again, in advance, for your help.

-Alan M.