[mythtv-users] Viewing video files on CD??

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sun May 6 23:17:52 UTC 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007 15:33:51 Anduin Withers wrote:
> You need to enable the "Video [blah] browses files" option and then use
> that view (and this assumes that MythMediaMonitor is working and finding
> things as well).

I do not seem to have "MythMediaMonitor" installed.  I couldn't seem to find a
source for downloading/installing it, though I came across several
discussions about patches, etc. for it.

I also wne into "Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> General" on on one of the pages
is an option to enable monitoring of CD/DVD; is that what "MythMediaMonitor"
does?  Does that enable it?  Ir ithat something a bit different.

Again, I went into "Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Videos Settings" and changed
the "Default View" to each of "Listings", "Gallery", and "Browser", but
the .avi files on my inserted CD still did not show up in any of those views.
I am viewing them in "Media Library -> Watch Videos"; is that where you are
referring to when you say "Video [blah] browses files"???

Thanks.

-Alan M.