[mythtv-users] Analog and Digital Cable Confusion (HDHR, etc)

Matt Jordan thehappyfunball at gmail.com
Mon May 7 01:43:49 UTC 2007

Hmm.  It seems like my only option to get all channels is going to have to be:

- Use HDHR to capture HDTV for the unencrypted "broadcast" channels
(FOX, NBC, CBS, etc)
- Rent a box and record the inputs and use an IR blaster for inputs.

I am considering FireWire but I am still nervous about the FireWire
conflicts and issues with 5C.  I simply want to record HDTV if
possible, but if that isn't possible then record the SD equivalent.

Any other thoughts?  (I am talking to a friend who works for a cable
company and trying to figure all of this out.)

Thanks again

Matt