[mythtv-users] No sound watching TV

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:07:55 UTC 2007

> Wow, you really do have a handful there. I'm starting to think the alsa
> handling in myth is a little 'delicate' (please don't toast me devs,
> that's
> not a complaint or a criticism!). Something I've been thinking about
> lately
> is whether some dmix/dsnoop magic in ~/.asoundrc might be useful in
> strange
> cases like this.

I have been using myth for a long time and never had any remarkable problem.
This time I bought one of the "top of the line" Intel mobos, and installed
x86_64.
I thought it would be worse, but everything is working so great in my FC6,
that I barely can believe it.

Mythtv mixes a lot of multimedia software and it is really amazing how
everything works and integrates so well. Congratulations for all the people
involved in the project.

I think I understood how the sound is integrated in myth now.
It uses arecord or an oss emulation equivalent to record directly from line
in. It should have worked in my case, but it did not.

I will try a little bit more, and if I succeed I will post here.
Fortunately, I have another myth box (32 bits) working just fine.

Thanks for all the help.

/Paulo Roma.