[mythtv-users] No sound watching TV

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:31:08 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Wow, you really do have a handful there. I'm starting to think the alsa
> > handling in myth is a little 'delicate' (please don't toast me devs,
> > that's
> > not a complaint or a criticism!). Something I've been thinking about
> > lately
> > is whether some dmix/dsnoop magic in ~/.asoundrc might be useful in
> > strange
> > cases like this.

Hi,

finally I got some sound. I had to setup the InMux and InVol to the maximum,
and the sound is very low. The quality is not good also. It is as if there a
fan turned on in the background.

It does not matter if I use /dev/dsp or ALSA:default. The result is the
same.

I think it is using OSS emulation always, and because of that, the quality
is so poor. I have never had to increase InMux or InVol for any sound
application
before, but for getting sound from the microphone (and the quality is good
in this case). I think that the solution is wait until myth support sound
via ALSA.

But that is a beginning.

/Paulo Roma.