[mythtv-users] MythMusic - CD Audio

Brandon L Rogers brandon.l.rogers at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 8 03:46:14 UTC 2007

All,

I have a problem with MythMusic that I hope someone can help me with.
MythMusic won't play Audio CDs.  It used to, but now it doesn't (for me, at
least).  I have no problem playing CDs from kscd (KDE's CD player), but Myth
just won't do it.  I've queued the CD, the titles for the tracks pop up in
the playlist area, but no sound.  If kscd and myth are running when I insert
a CD (I have auto-play enabled), then kscd starts playing the CD and a few
seconds later Myth stops it.  Myth still won't play of kscd is not loaded.
One curious thing about it is that, while the visualizations show up in the
"preview' box, I can't get them to go fullscreen when this happens
(everything is great with mp3 / ogg / etc).

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here?  I've been searching
everywhere for an answer and have yet to find one.

Oh. The log shows nothing (mythfrontend -v all mythmusic) except something
like AD: free space available.  Nothing in the messages file or dmesg.   I
am running from SVN.

Thanks for any help that anyone might be able to offer.

Thanks,

Brandon