[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR3000, PVR350 & Ubuntu 7.04

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Tue May 8 10:20:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 8, 2007 10:51 am, Adrian Skehill wrote:
> Secondly, the 3000 (even when just in the box on its own) cannot give me
> any
> analouge TV. When I go to cat /dev/video0 I get Input / Output error. It's
> an cx88 based chipset, and there's no obvious errors in the syslog.

I don't think the HVR3000 has a hardware encoder for analog TV.  (Unless
ivtv implements this?)  Hence cat /dev/video0 wont work.  You need to use
something like xawtv or kaffiene (I guess) to use the analog tv functions.

Otherwise have a look at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr3000, which
implements Analog, DVB-T and DVB-S - but it doesn't compile on anything
after kernel 2.6.18 (think thats right), due to kernel code changes.  I'm
using this succesfully with MythTV + Analog and DVB-S.

Robert.