[mythtv-users] Wrong rate

Adam Egger mythtv2006 at bdam.de
Tue May 8 13:37:43 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/07/2007 05:21 AM, Adam Egger wrote:
> > I added some externally recorded files to myth with myth.rebuilddb but
> > only some of the files work fine.
> > Some video files cause segmentation faults. Some vidoes do not play
> > the audio track and the log shows that the rate doesn't fit (requested
> > 44100 got 48000 (or vice versa)). Can this be fixed in myth because
> > mplayer plays all the files correctly?
>
> Fix it in ALSA with an .asoundrc.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound#Setting_up_ALSA.27s_.asoundrc.2C_Properly

Thanks Mike but there was an even easier solution. I talked to the
guys on IRC and they told me I just should use plug:default instead of
default (thanks goes especially to wishie in #alsa!), just because
plug: automatically sets the correct rate and format.

Now I use ALSA:plug:default|plug:surround51 as the audio devices in my
frontends settings and everything's much better than before. No
problems anymore with externally added files.

Adam