[mythtv-users] P4 2.8 for HD without XvMC?

Siva Alagarsamy hellosiva at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:52:26 UTC 2007

Look at the link http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_HDTV#CPU
The site says Athlon64 3200+ or Pentium D 2.8 GHz as the minimum requirment
for HD without using XvMC.

You can buy a Nvidia FX 5200 card for less than $30 on ebay and use XvMC. In
that case Pentium 4 2.8 GHz should be more than enough.

Bob deinterlacing can be used only with XvMC. You can use Kernel
deinterlacing without XvMC.

Siva