[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue May 8 20:03:37 UTC 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 16:29:06 Adilson Oliveira wrote:
> Brian Schott escreveu:
> > Tino,
> >
> > I'd love to see your xorg.conf file in its entirety.  Been banging my
> > head against the same DVI issue with Ubuntu 7.0.4.  My Sharp Aquos
> > has a native resolution of 1360x768, but no matter what I do with
> > 915resolution or xorg.conf options I can't get better than 1280x768.
> > Decided this is good enough for now, but would love to get true pixels.
>
> I don't know about your TV but I had a few problems with XOrg regarding
> widescreen monitors. Happens that XOrg, unlike XFree, by default checks
> the device to see if the resolution required is valid and, sometimes,
> the device does not send the correct information or XOrg misinterpret it
> due driver or EDID problems.
> In those cases you can use the parameter
> Option "ModeValidation" "NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck"
> in your session Device and, maybe, add the modeline but most times is
> just a matter of adding this option and set the resolution in the
> Display session.

/me wonders why people keep using the crappy old i810 driver instead of the
new hotness intel driver... :)

The xorg.conf file for my mini is about as bare-bones as is possible, and Just
Works at 1920x1080p w/the intel driver, and produces flawless playback of all
content now. (last niggle was that I needed to enable extra audio buffering
to make stuff off Fox play back smoothly).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com