[mythtv-users] iPod export and more with mythShellJob.pl

Benton Roberts benton at panix.com
Tue May 8 20:32:11 UTC 2007

Hey, Jon.

Jon Larson wrote:
> Nice work Benton,
Thanks!  :)

> It looks to me like you have combined some of the strengths of myth2ipod
> and pdatranscode.
Precisely. It's a ground-up rewrite, extending the concepts from both. I
also wanted to revamp the XML creation part so that it works well as a
stand-alone program (can fetch info from DB, etc.).

> There's a couple changes which I made to the code which you might find
> useful:...
Great ideas, thanks! (I was wondering how to get those links to work
in-browser...)

I have incorporated both your suggestions, and credited you in the
README. I also made a new, simple job definition file which dumps the
audio from the selected program in PCM format. I use this one to extract
the soundtrack from musicals, for later manual editing and compression.
(All files are posted to the same location.)

> Do you know how I could add mythtv information such as title, date,
> actors to the actual video?
I do not know. It must be specific to each "wrapper file format",
regardless of the actual codec, but I don't know the specifics for MP4.

> I'm told it can be done by creating a jpeg
> with the information, then overlaying that during the ffmpeg compression
> process. Do you have any clues about the commands used for doing this?
No, but now I'm gonna go search...    ;)

Thanks again,
-benton
Benton Roberts
benton at panix.com