[mythtv-users] Want to get started

Elanor jamina1 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:44:38 UTC 2007

Hi all-
I'm very new to this but excited to get started.
Currently, I have Digital Cable (NOT HD) from Brighthouse Networks in
Central Florida. I'd like to avoid, if possible messing with the
set-top box at all, and possibly even setting it aside. I get standard
cable through all the other cable lines in the house.

Here's my question:

1) Are there any capture cards out there that do not require me to use
the set top box and can get digital cable from the lines it is enabled
on?
2) If not, how do I connect 2 or more capture cards to my digital
cable box to record more than one show at once?
3) If this isn't possible, what do I connect the other capture card to
(there's only one cable jack in the living room)?

Thanks!