[mythtv-users] Recent kernels' DVB drivers now report signal strength

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue May 8 20:52:50 UTC 2007

Dennis Lou <dlou99 at yahoo.com> says:
> I can't speak for the original poster, but 2.6.20 at some point
> broke some DVB functionality.  Some of the channel scan tools
> external to Myth quit working.

Could it be because (at least with my AirStar-HD5000) the DVB driver
now reports signal strength? I'm not sure whether the change occurred
in 2.6.19 or 2.6.20. It's a good thing for me; I don't use any
non-MythTV tools here and MythTV recognized the data right away. But
perhaps the improvement negatively affected some other tools.