[mythtv-users] New Setup problems

Sam Banks dodgywhitemaori at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:13:36 UTC 2007

Hi Guys

A few questions from a relative newcomer.

I have got mythtv set up with dvb-s pulling in freeview channels nicely but
there is a wee problem. If the start channel is pointing at a freeview
channel then my fta sky channels fail to tune with 'no lock' timeout.
Conversely, if I put channel one or two as the start channel they work fine,
but then freeview channels get 'no lock' timeout.
Am I right in assuming this is an issue with polarity that will be solved
when sky goes horizontal?

The other problem is that my automatic scheduled transcoding isn't running
for some reason, but I cant find anything in the logs. I am defaulting to:

Job queue start time 23:00
Job Queue end time 8:00
CPU Usage High

My global transcode quality is also set to High.

Thanks

Sam

--
Behind every successful man is a surprised woman