[mythtv-users] Remote Controls

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:15:25 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> Having three front-end systems, my other half (and the little ones) are
> starting to make some noise about having a different remote for each of
> the TV's in the house.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on a good and inexpensive universal
> remote (since I have to buy three of them)?  I saw references in the
> archives to the Sony RM-VL710, but I'm not sure if that remote is sold
> any longer (had some troubles finding new ones.. found a lot of used
> ones).  I wonder if it was replaced with the Sony RM-V202.
>
> My other half has a love/hate relationship with the Tivo remote that I
> set up for MythTV, and kind of likes the remote that came with our LCD
> TV (which I accidentally got two of, so I set that one up for the system
> in our bedroom).  I figure any universal remote will do the trick, but I
> just wanted to get a MythTV user's opinion on it before I go out and buy
> just any old remote..
>
> -Rich

Check out the StreamZap remotes.  I read in the documentation that the
All4One universal remotes can work with the streamzap receivers.  So
could a Harmony remote...  which can do everything.  But the streamzap
remote works very well with MythTV, and on mythic.tv you can find the
lirc configuration files.

Another option might be to use an usb uirt to control the tv