[mythtv-users] How to set mythtv screen saver to anything other than blanking?

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:23:24 UTC 2007

I use Ubuntu as the base for my MythTV installation, and
gnome-screensaver works great. I use the openbox window manager -
gnome seems like overkill - but I start gnome-screensaver in the
xsession file and it works. MythTV will disable gnome-screensaver when
watching a recording or when using visualizations in mythmusic, but
it's up to xine or mplayer to properly disable the screensaver
themselves when watching videos or dvd's if you aren't using the
internal player. I haven't had any issues with either of them not
being able to disable the screensaver though.

My personal preference is to use the electric sheep screensaver. It
looks fantastic on my SD TV though it's possible HD users may wish for
higher resolution sheep, I don't know I don't have HD.