[mythtv-users] Stabalizing Firewire?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Thu May 10 15:58:34 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> do you have a lineup assigned to the firewire tuner?
>>>

>> Of course.
>>
>> Last night, I completely re-did my tuners, w/o firewire.  I simply need that
>> tuner to be stable.  (I'm now using svideo out from the stb (but I am changing
>> channels via firewire)
>>
>> -Dave
>>

> so assigning your firewire lineup to a PVR card and its scheduling
> fine but not when you have it assigned to the firewire connection?

Scheduling was never an issue.  The problem is, sometimes video over
firewire completely stops working.  And, once, everything went screwy,
and the firewire disappeared, requiring a reboot.  But, that has only
happened once.

My main issue is that firewire video will work for a while, but then it
will stop, until I run firewire_tester again. and/or reboot the STB.
Since my wife would kill me if she missed the Sopranos, this is a very
big deal.

It's easier to just grab the channel over s-video and not have the problems.

-Dave

--

David Frascone

              The Magic of Windows: Turns a 486 back into a PC/XT.