[mythtv-users] PCI Express 1X tuners?

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:11:52 UTC 2007

On 3/19/07, Jordi Puig <jordipu at telefonica.net> wrote:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_PCIe_Cards
>
> El 08/02/2007, a las 21:29, Yan Seiner escribió:
>
> > George Galt wrote:
> >
> >> If the original poster is looking for ATSC / NTSC, vbox has a card
> >> called the Cat's Eye 164e
> >> (http://www.vboxcomm.com/product3.htm) with dual ATSC/NTSC tuners
> >> that
> >> uses a 1X PCI-E slot.  Currently drivers are Windows-only, but I've
> >> emailed their techs who say they are working on Linux drivers.
> >> Perhaps a few more inquiries would encourage faster development.

Or, for ATSC cards, there is this page:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_PCIe_Cards

It shows that none are currently supported in Linux, but that page
would be the one to watch for updates.

They look like interesting cards..
The AverMedia card has separate inputs for analog and digital, and the
analog apparently has a hardware encoder.
The VBox card has two ATSC/NTSC tuners, but I didn't see hardware
encoder mentioned anywhere in their specs.

But, I still like the HDHomeRun network device myself..  No driver
issues to mess with.  But, no analog support.