[mythtv-users] Remote FE problem

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu May 10 20:26:00 UTC 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007 16:14:09 Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> My remote FE problem:
> When I watch recorded SD shows on my remote FE, the colors are all
> wrong.

What about HD recordings?

> The colors are correct in the preview window, but when I select
> the recording to watch, when it goes to full screen mode, the blues are
> very red, and the flesh-tones are very gray.  This makes for some funky
> watching.  Furthermore, the screen "tears" when there is much motion on
> it.  I think it is related to my FGLRX settings, but I'll be damned if I
> can put my finger on it.

Dear ATI: your linux support sucks. With AMD buying you, many of us really had
hoped it would improve, but alas...

Haven't tried the latest ATI driver, but the prior one worked okay on my
wife's iMac. Well, at least for HDTV, dunno if I tried SDTV... But I'd
certainly point the finger at fglrx doing something dumb, as usual, since the
recordings are fine on other systems. I'd check /var/log/Xorg.0.log for
anything that looks out of whack, and try 'mythfrontend -v playback' from a
console (possibly redirecting output to a log file) to see if anything
interesting there too.

Dunno about the rest of your issues, and I gotta run out the door...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com