[mythtv-users] OT: RAID5 JFS drive dissapeared?!

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Thu May 10 22:34:39 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 18:22 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> so between last night (when i last used it) and now, my RAID5 archive
> array has dissapeared, the md0 is still there but the JFS partition is
> no longer present according to cfdisk!
>
> anyone have any idea as to what has happened or how i can try and
> recover this "lost" JFS partition?

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I've never been able to
read the partition table on a software RAID device (md#). The partitions
are still there and work just fine, I just can't read the partition
table. You may want to try accessing the partition as usual and see if
you have any luck. It may still be there just not readable by disk
partitioning tools.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837