[mythtv-users] using exectv and vlc to replace the internal player

wad wadcyr8_197 at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 08:50:24 UTC 2007

Chad a écrit :
>> So, How the frontend can capture the stream if it isn't on the same
>> computer than the backend ?
>>
>> Wad
>>

> By using the Myth Protocol.  My suggestion is to throw a separate
> tuner into your frontend.  That way you can still use EXECTV and avoid
> having to switch applications to get the LiveTV functionality you are
> apparently looking for that VLC offers.
>
> -Chad

That coudl be a solution, but the final aim is to use vlc on any
platform (like PDA) in order to reach all the possibilities
 of mythtv. For the moment, time shifting is impossible directly with vlc.
Another solution should be trying to compile the frontend directly on a
pda but I'm not sure it is possible

wad