[mythtv-users] Spam ???

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri May 11 13:23:54 UTC 2007

nospam312 wrote:
>> Has anybody but me noticed a HUGE reduction in the amount of spam lately??
>>

> They have all decided to SPAM me instead.  I have noticed a huge
> INCREASE in spam lately.  It seems to go in cycles.  I have had 6
> months or so where the level has been much less but now it is greatly
> increased - I guess the SPAMMERS are trying to be fair and give
> everyone a share :)

I would say that your email address just got sold to a new spam source
or two.  I got rid of almost all of my spam by starting to use a
disposable address in conjunction with a change of my main address. Now
anytime I have to give a email as part of a sign-up I give a yahoo
address. My main email has not had a single spam in 3 months. My isp
does run a filter so that may have something to do with it. I only look
at the yahoo account when expecting a confirmation email. It gets dozens
of spams a week