[mythtv-users] using exectv and vlc to replace the internal player

wad wadcyr8_197 at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 16:14:27 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean a écrit :

>>> By using the Myth Protocol.
>>>

> In other words, MythTV can record TV on a backend and make it available
> for viewing on a remote frontend.  You're trying to /not/ use MythTV, so...
>

>>>   My suggestion is to throw a separate
>>> tuner into your frontend.  That way you can still use EXECTV and avoid
>>> having to switch applications to get the LiveTV functionality you are
>>> apparently looking for that VLC offers.
>>>
>> That coudl be a solution, but the final aim is to use vlc on any
>> platform (like PDA) in order to reach all the possibilities
>>  of mythtv. For the moment, time shifting is impossible directly with vlc.
>> Another solution should be trying to compile the frontend directly on a
>> pda but I'm not sure it is possible
>>

> I'm thinking MythTV is not what you want (after all, you're trying to
> disable the use of MythTV by MythTV).  You may find doing what you want
> easier with Freevo ( http://freevo.sourceforge.net/ ).
>
> Mike

In fact, I just want to be able to use MythTV possibilities on any
hardware configuration (like laptop, pda ) but I think the frontend is
too big for a PDA so I would find another way !
I don't want to use freevo because it has less option than MythTV, no
time shifting for example !
But If it isn't possible without creating a new frontend, I will leave
this idea !

Wad