[mythtv-users] usb->serial convert question

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Fri May 11 20:13:48 UTC 2007

I have a working serial cable to control a satellite STB,
works great.

I'm moving everything to a new computer without any serial
ports and have been experimenting with some different models
of usb/serial converts.

My question is, do I need to build a new cable or can I simply
plug the existing, working cable into the converter and expect
it to work?

I'm seeing the device created (/dev/ttyUSB0) but if I try to
use the directv.pl script is simply hangs.  I've tried different
baud settings etc.

thanks,

Scott