[mythtv-users] Torrent Auto downloading from RSS

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Sat May 12 13:44:24 UTC 2007

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> I use podracer to do exactly this
>>
>> http://podracer.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> and symlink the podracer directory to under mythvideo.
>>

> Are you sure it supports video? Some comments in the docco make me
> think it may only be for MP3 downloads. I've also found that I get
> errors when trying to download a video news podcast from
> http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/podcast/xml/ninenewsnowwmv.xml:
>
> curl: Can't open '/home/phill/.podracer/part/'!
> curl: try 'curl --help' for more information
> curl: Can't open '/home/phill/.podracer/part/'!
> curl: try 'curl --help' for more information
> curl: Can't open '/home/phill/.podracer/part/'!
> curl: try 'curl --help' for more information
>
> But if I change my subscription file to download one of the sample
> podcasts (which all look like audio not video) then I don't get any
> errors.

Like I say - I use it for Video podcasts only - here is my subscriptions
file:

davidcam at leia:~/.podracer$ cat subscriptions
http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/theora-large.xml
http://rssnewsapps.ziffdavis.com/audioblogs/DLTV.H.264.xml
http://rssnewsapps.ziffdavis.com/audioblogs/crankygeeks/cg.h.264.xml
http://revision3.com/indigital/feed/theora-large.xml
http://feeds.feedburner.com/command-n/h264
http://revision3.com/systm/feed/theora-large

I did have many many more vide podcasts but was struggling to watch them all

Dave