[mythtv-users] MythDora 4.0 - User Login Problem

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat May 12 16:07:51 UTC 2007

On Saturday 12 May 2007 11:58:21 Andy Speagle wrote:
> I just finished installing MythDora 4.0 and for some reason the default
> "mythtv" user can't login.  As soon as I enter the default credentials for
> the user, I get a popup saying that my session lasted for less than 10
> seconds... the output of the xsession error file is:
>
> "localuser:mythtv being added to access control list"
>
> I'm not out of disk space... so that's not the problem...
>
> Thoughts?

First up, this is not really a mythtv question, its something that should be
asked in mythdora land (http://www.mythdora.com/), but I'll reply anywho...

It sounds like for some reason the right desktop session type didn't get set.
I presume you did a custom install and messed around with package selection a
bit... Choose a specific session type from the gdm screen and set it as your
default, and you should be in better shape.

--jarod