[mythtv-users] MythDora 4.0 - User Login Problem

Andy Speagle sidrew at gmail.com
Sun May 13 01:48:34 UTC 2007

On 5/12/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 12 May 2007 12:14:02 Andy Speagle wrote:
> > > It sounds like for some reason the right desktop session type didn't
> get
> > > set. I presume you did a custom install and messed around with package
> > > selection a bit... Choose a specific session type from the gdm screen
> and
> > > set it as your default, and you should be in better shape.
> >
> > I'd actually tried this right off of the bat... and this doesn't seem to
> be
> > the problem... what else can I look at?
>
> Hrm... What desktops did you install? You should be able to do a text
> login as
> your mythtv user and run 'switchdesk <desktop>' where <desktop> is gnome,
> kde
> or xfce... If switchdesk isn't found, then 'yum install switchdesk', rinse
> and repeat. If still no luck... I'd be interested in seeing your
> installation
> logs (offlist).
>
> --jarod

Jarod,

Thanks again for the reply... I actually pulled my head out... and
remembered that I was migrating a lot of filesystems from an earlier Gentoo
custom install... (media, home, yada yada)... well... I forgot to nuke
/home/mythtv before installing... so... everything was hosed since MythDora
setup wasn't able to create the home directory like it wanted... so... I
blew that directory away and began again.

I was able to import all of my recordings, media... it was beautiful... I'm
happy with it now.

Thanks.

Andy