[mythtv-users] pdatranscode.pl Problem

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Sun May 13 08:02:02 UTC 2007

> I recently wrote an update / alternative to the pdatranscode script,
> that incorporates and extends many of its ideas and features. To address
> your specific concern, it also features a "-verbose n" parameter, which
> will show you every command it's going to execute (when n > 0), so you
> can try each one yourself to see why it's failing.
>
> Feel free to try it out, and if you're having trouble with it, I'll help
> you out. The original thread I posted it to is here:
>   http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/267693

Benton,

Thanks that looks interesting. I have solved my immediate problem - my
version of mencoder didn't have lavac compiled in. Changing to another
codec fixed the problem.

Your script looks as though it could be very useful here. In the house
we have an Nokia E61 (3gp), Palm TX (OK with Xvid or MP4 but big
screen), Archos (XVid or MP4 at 320x240) and a PSP (MP4 with funny file
names).

Ian.