[mythtv-users] Feature Request: mythfrontend "Upcoming Recordings" like MythWeb's

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 13 19:40:17 UTC 2007

On 05/13/2007 01:35 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> I'd love to have the ability in mythfrontend's Upcoming Recordings
> page to only see a) upcoming recordings and b) conflicts, which
> MythWeb's counterpart permits. (The "Important" option on the
> mythfrontend page still shows what MythWeb calls duplicates.) Also,
> said display configuration ought to be the default in both
> mythfrontend and MythWeb.

I'm pretty sure those "duplicates" are actually record earlier and
record later "warnings" so you can decide, you know, since this is the
single most-important TV event in the history of TV, I'd rather attempt
to record it on its first run in case there's an issue or a
reschedule/cancellation of the repeat showings--otherwise, if I miss it,
what in the world would I talk about around the water cooler at work.

Real duplicates are shows that will not record because they've already
been recorded (at the point at which you're looking at the upcoming
recordings page) and match on the specified duplicate matching criteria
for the rule.  Once a show gets recorded, if you go back to the upcoming
recordings page--set to show important only--all the "Record Earlier"
listings for that show will be gone.

I think you also might find a bit of a surprise when you upgrade to the
new SVN MythWeb and find out that it now works properly.  :)

Mike