[mythtv-users] Frontend vs Backend

mythtv at jelmail.com mythtv at jelmail.com
Mon May 14 10:57:57 UTC 2007

Hello, I am new to MythTV and have a question because the logical setup I
expected does not seem to be the way it is...

I installed the Music and Video plugins so I can use my libraries through
MythTV but it seems that these are components of the front end rather than
the back end.

My file systems containing the libraries are on the back end and I had
hoped that the plugins would go on the back end to serve my music and video
libraries to any connected front end in the same way as it does with live
tv and tv recordings. This does not seem to be the case.

Have I got this wrong?

Thanks!