[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Mon May 14 13:37:47 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> Wouldn't that just mean that it is a simple frame-grabber? The Hauppauge
> stuff (blue boxes) that use "SoftPVR" are generally such, while the gear
> with the Orange boxes have on-board MPEG encoders. (retail box color

    True.  It can be used as a simple frame grabber and then software
encoded which may be good for some users.  I'm at the point now that I
never want to go back to software encoding so I guess that leaked into
my response :)

    To clear up, both the Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick and Hauppauge 950
can give you an ATSC MPEG2 stream for digital OTA content, or a
framegrabber software encoder interface for normal analog NTSC stations
under Linux.