[mythtv-users] Root user mysql - accidental delete

Carl Reynolds mythtv-users at hyperbole-software.com
Mon May 14 16:35:54 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:

> Since re-installing did work and I do have a backup of mythconverg I
> want to simply copy it into the /var/lib/mysql directory but wanted to
> know how I can find out what version the schemas are? I was running
> SVN 13284 and upgraded to 13443, any thoughts?

How did you backup the database? I hope you used mysqldump. If you
simply made copies of the files in /var/lib/mysql you may run into
problems just copying them back, particularly if you changed MySQL
versions when you did the re-install. If you used mysqldump to create
*.sql files of the database, you can simple re-created the database using
    $ mysql -p < <database>.sql

where <database>.sql is the name of the file(s) you dumped the database to.

Carl.